OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

A couple of problems using latest OpenCL SDK

Radek
Beginner

Hi, I have a fresh PC build and wanted to try out OpenCL SDK, but some functionality seems to be broken.

System I'm using:

• Intel I7-8700 with UHD Graphics 630
  • Intel Graphics Driver 15.47.02.4815
  • Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2017 Beta (7.0.0.2519)
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Visual Studio 2017

Things that doesn't work:

• OpenCL Kernel Development
    • Run
      • It seems to be running something successfully, then it opens tab "CodeBuilder Run Results" which only says "loading...", and a popup appears with the message: "Error, run results are missing.".
    • Debug
      • Nothing is run, instead an error message appears:
        • "Found the following unexpected registry settings on localhost: Key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\TdrLevel. Expected: 0 (DWORD), Actual: null Key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Scheduler\EnablePreemption. Expected: 0 (DWORD), Actual: null Do you want the debugger to fix these settings for you? Press yes to fix them automatically, and No if you plan todo it manually. Note: a reboot is required after updating your registry settings.". Pressing Yes and rebooting does nothing.
      • And then another error message appears:
        • KDF debugging not available: Failed to start debugger on target host localhost
    • Analyze
      • Seems to be doing something, but the generated html file contains only: "Error: can not find main menu data"
  • OpenCL Application Analysis
    • In the generated view, the main page says "Error: unable to retrieve "Home Page": "SyntaxError: Syntax error"."
    • The other views seems to be okay however.

Something to note: When installing SDK, I wasn't able to select option "Debugger target support". I tried to install some of the packages separately, and when trying out gen_debugger_target_release_1.1.63081.0.msi, an error appeared: "Your system doesn't meet the requirements to support OpenCL (TM) kernel debugging. OpenCL(TM) kernel debugging is supported only on 6(th) Generation or above of Intel(R) Core(TM) Processors with Intel(R) Iris(TM), Intel(R) Iris Pro and HD Graphics. Please also make sure you have installed latest Intel(R) Graphics ..."

And just to clarify, the rest of functionality does seem to work - GPU is correctly reported (supporting OpenCL 2.0), the example from project template runs fine (I think), and the OpenCL API debugger looks to be showing proper data (or at least realistic).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hyang22
Beginner

Same issue

Just add the Registry Entry by hand to fix it

0 Kudos
marco_m_5
Beginner

I have the same problems, any solutions?

0 Kudos
LeMoussel
Beginner

Same Issue (https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/opencl/topic/759076)
What is solution to add the Registry Entry?

0 Kudos