OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

API for GPU usage under Mac OS

lucas_w_3
Beginner

Now I use OpenCL with Intel Iris GPU to process image  under Mac OS. Before I lunch the OpenCL kernel, I need know the GPU usage.

I wonder that whether there  is the API that i can use in the program to query the GPU usage.

thx.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Lucas,

Do you mean, you want to know how busy are the GPU execution units? You don't need to worry about that: OpenCL kernel will be placed into a queue and gets processed once GPU is ready for it. Otherwise, I am not aware of the APIs on MacOS that give you this info: please contact the Apple support.

0 Kudos
lucas_w_3
Beginner

Robert I. (Intel) wrote:

Lucas,

Do you mean, you want to know how busy are the GPU execution units? You don't need to worry about that: OpenCL kernel will be placed into a queue and gets processed once GPU is ready for it. Otherwise, I am not aware of the APIs on MacOS that give you this info: please contact the Apple support.

Robert, thx.

I know what you said. I put OpenCL for  real-time image  processing. So if the GPU is busy, I will not launch the kernel to GPU, I will select CPU to process.

Anyway, thx .

0 Kudos