OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Beginner questions about Intel OpenCl SDK 1.5

claus2
Beginner

Hi all

I've been programming for a while, the last months opengl and i want to try opencl but i fail at the very beginning. I hope you can help me with this questions :)

i use a lenovo x220t with a Intel HD Graphics 3000 inside. I read that atm. this is not supported with opencl. If that is true please tell me because then i know my problem can't be fixed.

I am using visual studio 2010 and downloaded the Intel SDK 1.5.

I tried to get GodsRay from the samples to run!

When i try to compile the program, i get this:

http://imageshack.us/f/692/godrays.jpg/

Can you tell me where i can find the failure?

regards claus

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maxim_S_Intel
Employee
Hi,
as far as I can understand the output in your screenshot (except for the string in German, but I guess this stands for "Press any key to continue" ) evrything is ok. The OCL run on the CPU and indeed OpenCL for the integrated graphicas is not currently supported.
You can inspect bmp files for the results.

Yours, Max
0 Kudos
claus2
Beginner
Hi

thank you for the answer.

Indeed it creates the picture which shows me it works. I didn't know it just creats a picture. But hey its cool i see it works :)

What effects do i have when you say the integrated graphics are currently supported and am i right when i assume they will be supported some time?

lg, Claus

P.S.: yes its "Press any Key" :D
0 Kudos
nilrey_gupta
Beginner
Hey can you please tell, is it necessary to know opengl for opencl programming?
And can this Intel SDK support NVIDIA or AMD GPU's
0 Kudos
Mohamed_Amine_BERGAC
Opencl is a general purpose language, it's not necessary to know Opengl for opencl programming.
Intel Opencl SDK can't support Nvidia/AMD or other GPU's , each vendor have his own implementation of Opencl specs.
0 Kudos