OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

CL / GL interop problem with clCreateFromGLRenderbuffer

Alec_W_
Beginner

I am experiencing a problem with sharing a buffer between openCL and openGL.

I have a simple OpenGL application that renders into an offscreen FBO.  I then have openCL code that captures the FBO contents using clCreateFromGLRenderbuffer and then post-processes the captured image.  When I call clCreateFromGLRenderbuffer, the contents of the FBO get corrupted.  I have verified this by using glBlitFramebuffer() to view the FBO contents.

After experiencing this problem, I wanted to determine whether or not this was a bug in my code.  So, I ported the code to use the AMD opencl sdk (running on a different machine, with an AMD GPU), and it  works fine there.

-Alec

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Alec, May I ask for a reproducer for this issue? And what are expected and actual(corrupted) image data? Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Alec_W_
Beginner

Hi Yuri,

I sent you a message with the code that experiences the problem.  Let me know if you have any problems reproducing the issue.

-Alec

0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Thanks Alec, I have reproduced the problem and I have created a ticket for it. Yuri
0 Kudos
Alec_W_
Beginner

Thanks Yuri.  Any suggestions on a work-around?

-Alec

0 Kudos