OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

CL context destruction crash on CPU device (2013 beta)

F__Orderud
Beginner

I am experiencing a strange "R6025 - pure virtual function call" crash at application termination when combining Direct3D 10 and OpenCL in the same DLL. The crash occurs even if no Direct3D calls are ever made (linking to d3d10.lib is enough). A minimal VS2010 solution with two projects to reproduce is attached. The project has no dependencies besides OpenCL and DirectX SDKs, and should built & run out of the box.

My setup:
* Windows 7 64bit SP1 (fully patched)
* Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU (Ivy Bridge)
* Intel OpenCL CPU driver (beta 2013 runtime)

Thanks in advance,
Fredrik Orderud
GE Vingmed Ultrasound (GE Healthcare)

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Thanks for the code. I'll take a look and get back to you soon.

Raghu

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Fredrik,

I have reproduced and currently debugging your issue. I'll keep you posted on my findings.

Raghu

0 Kudos
F__Orderud
Beginner

The crash occurs both on Intel CPU device (Ivy-Bridge) and GPU device (HD 4000). Neither Nvidia GPUs, AMD GPUs nor CPUs with AMD OpenCL drivers suffer from this crash.

Do you have a rough estimate for when updated GPU & CPU drivers with this crash fixed will be released?

Thanks in advance,
Fredrik

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Sorry it took a while. It appears to be a bug in our common runtime. I have submitted a bug. I will let you know when a fix is available.

Thanks,

Raghu

0 Kudos
F__Orderud
Beginner

Thank you for the update Raghu.

0 Kudos
F__Orderud
Beginner

Raghu,

It is now close to 6 months since I reported this issue. Still, we are struggling with this crash in our product SW, even after installing the latest SDK & drivers.

Could you please give a rough estimate for when updated GPU & CPU drivers with this crash fixed will be released?

Thanks in advance,
Fredrik Orderud (GE Healthcare)

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Fredrik,

Let me get back to you by the end of the day. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

I escalated the issue and will provide feedback when I get updates.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos
SOdoe
Beginner

Hi Raghu

We experience the same bug when using the RealsSense SDK (probably also using your common runtime).
Do you have an update on this issue?

Thanks
Stephan

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Stephan,

The problem is with the following line of code in your opencl.cpp:

if (cl_vendor_id == 0x8086) // only intel devices

devices.push_back(tmp_dev);

With our current driver the platform names would be:

Intel(R) OpenCL

Experimental OpenCL 2.0 CPU Only Platform 

You will put devices from both platforms into the same context, which will fail. Select only devices from the first platform by directly matching the name, and your context creation will succeed.

0 Kudos