OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Can't install Intel OpenCL SDK 2013

Jian_L_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

My system is windows 7 home premium, my GPU is Intel HD Graphics 4000, and I have updated the latest the driver. The VS version is Visual Sdudio 2012 Express. 

However, when I follow the instruction of install OpenCL SDK, it has problem as follows:

"Intel@ SDK OpenCL* Applicatiuons 2013 setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install program at a later time, run Step Wizard again."

If I try SDK 2014 beta:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."

This is my first time to try OpenCL. 

Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem??

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi, Please try to turn off integration with Visual Studio, Most probably the issue happens because integration is not supported for Express version. Thanks, Yuri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi, Please try to turn off integration with Visual Studio, Most probably the issue happens because integration is not supported for Express version. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Jian_L_
Beginner

Yes, it works. But how can I code opencl using vs after installation? I find some videos that say we can build a opencl program, but I can't find anything related to opencl when I try to build a new program.

Yuri Kulakov (Intel) wrote:

Hi,

Please try to turn off integration with Visual Studio, Most probably the issue happens because integration is not supported for Express version.

Thanks,
Yuri

0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
I'm not sure I understand the question. Please, let me know if the following explanation answers it or not? The integration to Visual Studio IDE is not necessarily required. It does give you some useful tools (like Kernel Debugger), but you can develop OpenCL applications without them. Start with reading documentation and building/running samples. I guess you should be able to build a sample with Visual Studio Express just fine. As I already said the integration has nothing to do with this. You're just building a host part of the program here (like any other C/C++ application). You also should be able to use Kernel Builder as a standalone tool for building OpenCL kernel code. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos