OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Difficulties to run OpenCL on HD Graphics 4000 and 5000

SChbi
Beginner

Hi,

I encounter difficulties to run OpenCL programs on both HD Graphics 4000 and 5000 with ubuntu I tried different drivers & ubuntu releases but linux doesn't boot or opencl app dosn't run.

Is the a recommended configuration to be able to install and run HD Graphics drivers and OpenCL SDK???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Samy,

In general, Ubuntu is not a supported platform for us. We do have OpenCL runtime for the CPU that should work on Ubuntu. Please check the following forum discussion:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/opencl/topic/390630

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Samy,

Yes, CentOS 7.1 is the supported platform for OpenCL on Intel Processor Graphics. SLES is also supported, but going forward I think CentOS is a better choice.

0 Kudos
SChbi
Beginner

OK, I need to stay on Ubuntu.

I tried to user Intel OpenCL platform only for CPU and device GPU from an other opencl vendor. Problem is Intel driver platform hides the other one for the GPU, and I cant us the GPU anymore, even with the other vendor platform...

ex: a clinfo hides the other vendor platform...

0 Kudos