OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Error in building OpenCL for CPU Runtime Template - Failed to get platform id

SailingDreams
New Contributor I

(I could have sworn that I posted this yesterday, but I don't see this anywhere in the forum this morning)

In MSVC 2019 I created a new OpenCL CPU runtime template project and tried to build it (no changes were made to the code)

Below is the error I get:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CL Failed to get platform id...: 0 (CL_SUCCESS) CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1 C:\Users\epatt\source\repos\CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1\Template.cl 1

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3721 The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\system_studio_2020\OpenCL\sdk\bin\x86\ioc32.exe" -cmd=build -input="C:\Users\epatt\source\repos\CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1\Template.cl" -output="Debug\Template.out" -VS -device=CPU -targetos=current -bo=" "" exited with code 14. CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1 C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\system_studio_2020\OpenCL\sdk\BuildCustomizations\IntelOpenCL.targets 49

I attached my clinfo output and the MSVC -> About info

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 5567 Gen 7) has the Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor with integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620. There are no other graphics cards.

The Device Manager says the graphics driver is 30.0.101.1660 3/18/2022. It was installed using the Intel Support assistant

The SDK I installed is intel_sdk_for_opencl_applications_2020.3.494

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SailingDreams
New Contributor I
0 Kudos