OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

HD4400 bitwise and operation on uchar2 data

Vladimir_D_Intel1

Hello,
we are seeing different results when implementing "bitwise and" operation in OpenCL kernel working on uchar2 data. The OpenCL kernel code like this:
uchar2 val1;
uchar2 val2;
uchar3 res;

res = val1 & val2;

produce wrong results, while code like below:

res = (uchar2)(val1.x & val2.x, val1.y & val2.y)
produce correct result.

BTW, the same behaviour detected for bitwise or/xor and uchar3/4 data, although attached test case was prepared only for "bitwise and" on uchar2 data. 

Testing environment:
Lenovo X240 notebook,
Windows 7 Service Pack 1, x64,
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013,
Intel INDE Package ID: w_inde_2015.2.027
Video driver version is 10.18.14.4139 WHQL Win7 64

Regards,
  Vladimir

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Vladimir,

Please download the latest and greatest driver from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81497/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

Please use 4264 driver that was just released if possible - I believe the problem has been fixed (I tried it on 4256 driver and it is fixed there).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Vladimir,

Please download the latest and greatest driver from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81497/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

Please use 4264 driver that was just released if possible - I believe the problem has been fixed (I tried it on 4256 driver and it is fixed there).

0 Kudos
Vladimir_D_Intel1

Thanks Robert,

Unfortunately I can't install driver directly from Intel site - I've got message that driver was not tested by sytem manufacturer. So, I have to wait till Lenovo will offer this driver in its system software update, hope it will not take too long. 

Regards,
  Vladimir

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Vladimir,

You can try the following if you are willing to live dangerously :) :

1. Download the latest and greatest driver from Lenovo and save it on a USB drive as a recovery precaution.

2. Install the latest Intel driver (typically, should work with Lenovo systems w/ no issues)

If Intel driver doesn't work for you, you can reinstall Lenovo driver. You could wait for a long time (~6 months) for a driver update from a manufacturer.

Note, that installing Intel driver will probably void manufacturer's warranty, if you have any left on that system.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_D_Intel1

Thanks for advice,
but as I mentioned, I've got system message during installation of Intel driver and within this message there is no option to continue installation. It just said that driver you are trying to install was not tested by manufacturer and installation get interrupted.

Probably, this is part of some system security settings, but I did not find where I can turn it off (notebook comes with preinstalled Win7).

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Vladimir,

Yes, you will need to disable driver signature enforcement (an advanced start up option - F8 or F7). You will also need to download driver as a zip file and specify the unzipped directory location as your driver source.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_D_Intel1

Thanks Robert, this help. I can confirm that with driver version 10.18.14.4264 this issue not reproduced.

Regards,
  Vladimir

0 Kudos