OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Help! While using Kernel Builder for OpenCL API to debug, it shows CPU version are not supported by KDB...

宁_张_
Beginner

As the image shows below, I've set the input arrayA, B and the output arrayC, then click the debug button, and Error occur.

Since I am new in OpenCL, I don't know how to solve this problem, so is there anyone who can help me? Thanks a lot!

error.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please provide the details of your system:

1. Your processor

2. Operating System

3. Version of the Graphics Driver

4. Version of INDE (or how you installed  Kernel Builder)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
宁_张_
Beginner

Robert Ioffe (Intel) wrote:

Hi,

Could you please provide the details of your system:

1. Your processor

2. Operating System

3. Version of the Graphics Driver

4. Version of INDE (or how you installed  Kernel Builder)

Thanks!

Thanks for answering! Well, my processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60Hz with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, and I use windows 8.1(Chinese). The version of my Graphics Driver is Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1-64-bit version 15.33.30.64.3958(10.18.10.3958).

I've downloaded the Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and the Graphics Driver in Intel(R) Driver Update Utility, then I installed them. I know that there is also a plug-in in Visual Studio 2010, but when I use the plug-in in VS2010, it always show "Debug target exception occurred", and Kernel Builder had the problem as mentioned before. So is there anything I forget to download and install? Or how can I solve these problems?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

hi, 

Did you try switching from Intel CPU to Intel(R) Graphics in Tools/Options/Device Options under OpenCL Device?

0 Kudos