OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

INVALID_KERNEL_ARGS bug when using SPIR-V kernels

Daniel_S_1
Beginner

Hello together,

I am encountering a bug, when I try to use SPIR-V kernels with more than 1 parameter with the Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2016 R3.
Tested on 2 different platforms:
CPU: Ryzen 1700 / i3-6100U

With one parameter, everything works as expected. However, a kernel practically doing the same with two parameters returns INVALID_KERNEL_ARGS although all other steps (including set kernel args) succeed.
I will attach the example to reproduce the behavior. You find the following files attached:
A working kernel with 1 parameter (example.1) and (the same, but) not working kernel (example.2) with 2 parameters
each with OpenCL C kernel, SPIR-V kernel and host code.

Kind regards
Daniel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexey_S_Intel3
Employee

Hello Daniel,

From the attached SPIR-V binaries I can see that they are 32-bit. Do you build your examples as 32-bit or 64-bit application? If your host application is 64-bit you should use 64-bit SPIR-V binaries.

0 Kudos
Daniel_S_1
Beginner

Actually that did the trick. I didn't think about this difference. Thanks alot!

0 Kudos