OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Intel SDK XE 2013 beta installation problems

sai_rahul_c_
Beginner

Hi,

I wanted to run some OpenCL sample examples on the Intel Xeon E5 server, so I downloaded Intel OpenCL SDK XE 2013 Beta. When I install the software their were some missing directories in opencl folder. 

/bin

/include

/libmic( I guess I might need that for Xeon Phi) which I am not worries about now

Is their a solution for it ? 

FYI: OS: RHEL 6.2

Thank you,
Sai. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Sai, Could you please describe the way you installed the product? What output do you get if you run 'rpm -qa | grep opencl'? It should be: opencl-1.2-intel-devel-3.0.56860-1.x86_64 opencl-1.2-devel-3.0.56860-1.x86_64 opencl-1.2-base-3.0.56860-1.x86_64 opencl-1.2-intel-cpu-3.0.56860-1.x86_64 I believe you want to build and run some OpenCL samples from sources (and not just run pre-compiled application), right? So, the steps basically are: - download intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64.tgz archive - untar it - 'tar xaf intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64.tgz' - cd to dir - 'cd intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64' - become root - install all rpm packages either as './install.sh' or 'rpm -ivh *.rpm' To check your installation compile and run some OpenCL sample. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
sai_rahul_c_
Beginner

Hi Yuri,

When I search for opencl rpm's installed it shows me that base and cpu (last two displayed in your message) are available. The devel* packages are not installed. I see why it is not because the 2013 xe beta tar file I downloaded doesn't have them.  If possible can you please forward us to correct link where we obtain the missing packages.

Thank you,

Sai.

0 Kudos
sai_rahul_c_
Beginner

Hi Yuri,

A quick update, I downloaded different .tar file in my machine which is only host machine Intel Xeon specific driver which didn't contain the packages that I mentioned in my previous message. However, after I went to website again select SDK rather than driver it installed all the required files.

Thank you,

Sai.

0 Kudos