OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Is driver version meant to be locale-sensitive

Bruce_M_
Beginner

Hi

I develop a library that does autotuning of kernels in advance. I've discovered that the value of CL_DRIVER_VERSION is dependent on the current locale, which is problematic because I use the driver version as part of the key when looking up tuning parameters, and so an application running under a different locale will think that it is using a different driver version and needs re-tuning. For example, the CL_DRIVER_VERSION is 1.2.0.76921 in the C locale, but 1.2.0.76,921 in the en_GB.UTF-8 locale. This is on Linux.

Thanks

Bruce

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi, I couldn't reproduce it so far. I tried 'export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8'. Could you please provide additional details - OS version, necessary environment variables? Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Bruce_M_
Beginner

I've attached a program that demonstrates the issue. I'm running it on Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit. The output of "locale" when I run it is

[plain]LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

LANGUAGE=en_GB:en

LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC=en_GB.UTF-8

LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8

LC_COLLATE=C

LC_MONETARY=en_ZA.UTF-8

LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"

LC_PAPER=en_ZA.UTF-8

LC_NAME=en_ZA.UTF-8

LC_ADDRESS=en_ZA.UTF-8

LC_TELEPHONE=en_ZA.UTF-8

LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GB.UTF-8

LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_ZA.UTF-8

LC_ALL=[/plain]

The output when I run it is

[plain]Device name:         Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Driver version: 1.2.0.76,921[/plain]

If I comment out the first line of main() (so that the program is not locale-aware), it outputs:

[plain]Device name:         Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Driver version: 1.2.0.76921[/plain]

i.e. no comma.

0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Yes, now it's reproduced. I will submit a ticket for it Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Yariv_A_Intel1
Employee

This issue will be fixed in our next release.

Thanks, Yariv

0 Kudos