OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Kernel Compute Errors on CENTOS7.1

Tianruo_Z_
Beginner

Hi, 

Something strange hanppened when I was debugging a kernel.I tested my kernel on win7 using both CPU and GPU as computing device, the result are both correct.When I do the same test on CENTOS7.1, it got the same right result  when the kernel running on CPU, but some random errors occured while running on GPU. According to this situation, the kernel code seems fine, since it worked all right on Windows. So I assume these errors are caused by either opencl driver on linux or something that is paltform-related on kernel development  .Do you have some clue on this subject ? Thank you.

BTW, my hardware is I7-4790K + HD4600, the opencl driver is installed by MSDK2016R1 installation package.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Tianruo,

Couple of things:

1. Could you please provide a small reproducer including the kernel and attach it to this thread or send me a private message if you are uncomfortable sharing the code in a public forum?

2. We just released a standalone Linux driver https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers#latest_linux_driver for CentOS 7.1, that fixes a number of issues. You could try installing that and see if it resolves your problem.

0 Kudos