OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Linux support for GPU on intel Core Processor

Ming_L_2
Beginner

Hi All,

I am taking investigation on intel OpenCL developing under linux.

I found the release note (Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2014) did not listed GPU of Core Processor as the target platform under linux or android.

So is that mean there is no chance to run opencl application on GPU of Core Processor under any distribution of linux, even with SDK on Ubuntu?

Thanks a lot!

A new comer of OpenCL computing

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Ming, 

You are correct that the Linux releases of OpenCL downloadable today are CPU only.  The need for a GPU implementation for Linux is well understood.  Please watch the OpenCL product pages and this forum for updates on this topic. In the meantime, OpenCL GPU applications can be developed and optimized in Windows with the SDK and suite of tools available today.

Regards, Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Ming, 

You are correct that the Linux releases of OpenCL downloadable today are CPU only.  The need for a GPU implementation for Linux is well understood.  Please watch the OpenCL product pages and this forum for updates on this topic. In the meantime, OpenCL GPU applications can be developed and optimized in Windows with the SDK and suite of tools available today.

Regards, Jeff

0 Kudos
Ming_L_2
Beginner

Jeff,

Thanks a lot! Hope intel supports GPU computing under linux soon.

Best Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos
A_s_
Beginner

I'm also hope intel supports GPU computing under Linux.

Unfortunately, I cannot work productively without OpenCL under Linux.

It's very sad. Look here my problem

Best regards.

0 Kudos