OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1663 Discussions

Losing all autos and local symbols when single-stepping in CPU debugger

allanmac1
Beginner

I'm using a VS2015 / Win10 workstation with the latest CPU driver and Code Builder installed (4.0.0.1).

I'm single-stepping through an OpenCL 2.1 + AVX2 CPU kernel and after a few lines all symbols in the Autos and Local windows disappear.

Single-stepping appears to continue to work because the line arrow is properly moving.

I've tried targeting both x86 and x64 and see no difference.

The build options for clBuildProgram(..) are "-g -s <kernel absolute path>".

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

So far I have not been able to reproduce.  

Could you send more info about your system:

• processor model?  
  • Not sure if I understand the version.  Do you have the latest Intel(R) SDK for OpenCL applications installed?  (Version reported by integrated CodeBuilder should be 6.3.0.1904).

An example kernel could also help us investigate.   

allanmac1
Beginner

The processor is a dual Xeon E5-2690 v3 and the latest Code Builder 6.3 is installed. 

The "CodeBuilder API Debugger 4.0.0.1" number comes from the "About Visual Studio" window and is probably unimportant.

I narrowed it down to the debugger losing symbols as soon as it initializes a union type.  The size of the union is equal to a cl_ulong.

Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I've replicated and filed as a bug.  Thanks for this report.

allanmac1
Beginner

Argh, I guess I have to wait for a new release of Code Builder?

( Changing the codebase to just use native types and structs isn't feasible )