OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Losing all autos and local symbols when single-stepping in CPU debugger

allanmac1
Beginner

I'm using a VS2015 / Win10 workstation with the latest CPU driver and Code Builder installed (4.0.0.1).

I'm single-stepping through an OpenCL 2.1 + AVX2 CPU kernel and after a few lines all symbols in the Autos and Local windows disappear.

Single-stepping appears to continue to work because the line arrow is properly moving.

I've tried targeting both x86 and x64 and see no difference.

The build options for clBuildProgram(..) are "-g -s <kernel absolute path>".

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

So far I have not been able to reproduce.  

Could you send more info about your system:

• processor model?  
  • Not sure if I understand the version.  Do you have the latest Intel(R) SDK for OpenCL applications installed?  (Version reported by integrated CodeBuilder should be 6.3.0.1904).

An example kernel could also help us investigate.   

0 Kudos
allanmac1
Beginner

The processor is a dual Xeon E5-2690 v3 and the latest Code Builder 6.3 is installed. 

The "CodeBuilder API Debugger 4.0.0.1" number comes from the "About Visual Studio" window and is probably unimportant.

I narrowed it down to the debugger losing symbols as soon as it initializes a union type.  The size of the union is equal to a cl_ulong.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I've replicated and filed as a bug.  Thanks for this report.

0 Kudos
allanmac1
Beginner

Argh, I guess I have to wait for a new release of Code Builder?

( Changing the codebase to just use native types and structs isn't feasible )

0 Kudos