OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Not able to find the cpu platform

Connie
Beginner

Hi! I'm trying to run the example CPU opencl project on Visual Studio 2019, but I found that it is not able to find the CPU platform. I've installed the opencl SDK and GPU works fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sergey_I_Intel1
Employee

Hi Connie,

Can you check your devices availability with clinfo tool? You can download it here.

This might be issues with your CPU drivers. 

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Connie
Beginner

Hi Sergey,

clinfo is only able to find the GPU platform but not CPU. I'm wondering which CPU driver should I download? I'm having i7-7500U. Thank you!

Best,

Connie

0 Kudos
Sergey_I_Intel1
Employee

Hi Connie,

You can download any CPU Runtime, which is applicable for your CPU device.

Basically, CPU driver was as component in OpenCL SDK package.  Try to run modify install of OpenCL SDK and check it there.

Note that CPU Driver installation can show you message about GPU Driver and CPU Driver won't install.

In this case, remove/detach GPU driver and install it for CPU. After that, attach or install again your GPU driver.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos