OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

OpenCL Build Program Error with 1.2 platform

Philip_C_3
Beginner

Hello, I am in need of some assistance...

I've downloaded and installed Intel OpenCL Applications SDK 2016 and am trying to run my OpenCL projects on Windows 10. When I select the Experimental OpenCL 2.0 CPU Platform everything goes smoothly and the program exist normally. If I select GPU HD Graphics 4000 (OpenCL 1.2) I get a run time error during Program build saying that the compiler cannot find a header file included in my kernels. 

Setup: Windows 10 with current HD Graphics 4000 driver (15.33.xx) and Intel Core i7-3630. 

I am using cl.hpp with CL_USE_DEPRECATED_OPENCL_1_2_APIS if that helps. 

Could this be the way a OpenCL compiler is handling platform versions 1.2 differently than platforms with version 2.0? Let me know if additional information can help. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Philip,

The CPU and GPU compilers for OpenCL are quite different. Could you please provide your kernels? Are you specifying -I option to the clBuildProgram function so that compiler can find your header files included in the kernel. A small reproducer of this issue will go a long way :) If you don't want to share your code in a public forum, you could send me a private message with the attachment (our forum supports that capability).

0 Kudos
sivarama_k_
Beginner

Hi,

Even I am facing a similar issue here, wherein the code compiles successfully for CPU but fails for Intel HD 2500 Graphics. Please, may I know the solution to fix this problem?

0 Kudos