OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL: Intel -Generating Intermediate Program Binaries with Offline Compiler

Alisha_H_
Beginner

I am using Intel opencl SDK on Windows with Intel HD graphics. Would like to compile my kernel offline then use in host code with:

clCreateProgramFromBinary(…)

This link says :

OpenCL™ API Offline Compiler plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio* IDE enables you to develop OpenCL applications with Visual Studio IDE.

The plug-in supports the following features:

New project templates
New OpenCL file (*.cl) template
Syntax highlighting
Types and functions auto-completion
Offline compilation and build of OpenCL kernels
LLVM code view
Assembly code view
program IR generation
Selection of target OpenCL device – CPU or Intel Graphics

NOTE

To work with the plug-in features, create an OpenCL project template \or convert an existing project into the OpenCL project. 

I want to use this feature, so I wanted to know what all I have to install?

As per the note above I should create an OpenCL project template. How do I do this? Also what do we mean by "or convert an existing project into the OpenCL project"

Also  things under this links are also not working

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/programming-with-the-intel-sdk-for-opencl-applications-development-tools#offline-compiler-visualstudio

Try opening  how to guide in the above link 

How To Guide

Demo

Getting Started Video

Case Study

Using Offline Compiler Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio*

It will say 4040 not found.

So please help us in getting started with offline compilation.   

0 Kudos
0 Replies