OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL Runtime for Ubuntu 20.04

simonh
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to install the OpenCL Runtime for CPUs on my machine running Ubuntu 20.04 with the Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU. I've gone through the very tedious procedure of registration to get access to the file 'l_opencl_p_18.1.0.015', only to find out that it supports only up to Ubuntu 16.04. I can't find any up-to-date information on how to install a CPU runtime. Is there one at all?

If someone understands the obscure Intel website structure and knows where to find actual relevant information without dead links and weird redirections, please point me to the right place.

Thank you very much!

edit: By now I've found that the CPU runtime is apparently part of the oneAPI package (using this and that). So I added the APT source and installed the package intel-oneapi-runtime-opencl, however, clinfo still only shows the platforms for Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia CUDA. I installed the Intel GPU runtime from the NEO github repository, if that's relevant.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cw_intel

Hi,

Did you set the oneapi environment before use clinfo command?

On my machine, I installed the entire oneapi package.

If I use "clinfo -l" directly, only GPU is shown.

But if I set oneapi environment via command "source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh", then use "clinfo -l" command, the CPU platform is displayed.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cw_intel

Hi,

Did you set the oneapi environment before use clinfo command?

On my machine, I installed the entire oneapi package.

If I use "clinfo -l" directly, only GPU is shown.

But if I set oneapi environment via command "source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh", then use "clinfo -l" command, the CPU platform is displayed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
simonh
Beginner

Hi,

thank you for your response! Indeed, sourcing setvars.sh helped. Well, now the Intel CPU platform is listed twice but at least it shows up in the first place. Maybe this step should be added to the install guide and release notes as it seems to be required.

Best

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Thanks for accepting our solution, and thanks for your suggestion. If you have any other question, please create a new case as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos