OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL support for C++ template

Aram_S_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to port to Xeon Phi an OpenCL kernel that contains C++ template declarations originally written against AMD APP SDK. The compilation of the kernel code (with clCreateProgramWithSource) fails because it does not recognise the "template" symbol. Even though the OpenCL specification does not mention anything about C++ templates, I was wondering if the latest OpenCL SDK support C++ templates. Previously it was suggested to me to get rid of the templates with specific definitions, however this is not practically possible because of the code size. (a dozen template definitions and few thousand lines of kernel code)

Can you suggest me a possible solution around this?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TaylorIoTKidd
New Contributor I

This issue is closed at the request of the customer. I have not deleted it due to our general policy being that posts after a certain interval should not be changed or modified..

Regards
---
Taylor

0 Kudos