OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

OpenGL interop failing with HD4000

LLess
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to know if it is normal that my clCreateContextFromType fails with -1000 (not referenced error by the way) when I am trying to setup

The platform variable below contains a platform value for the HD4000.

I know that it works because it is fine when I am using without the OpenGL parameters.

opengl_context = wglGetCurrentContext();

opengl_hdc = wglGetCurrentDC();

cl_context_properties cps[] = {
      CL_GL_CONTEXT_KHR,
      (cl_context_properties)opengl_context,
      CL_WGL_HDC_KHR,
      (cl_context_properties) opengl_hdc,
      CL_CONTEXT_PLATFORM,
      (cl_context_properties)platform,
        };

m_context = (void*)clCreateContextFromType(cps, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, NULL, NULL, &status);

status = -1000 here

Thanks.

I have attached my configuration file. I also have an NVidia GTX580 in the same machine for my second monitor.

The application is always running on the first monitor driven by the HD4000.

Laurent

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the details,

We will look into this and let you know what the issue is.

Regards, 

Arnon

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Any news on that issue?

That part of my project is completely stopped by the problem and I would like to know if I need to cancel that part or not.

Thanks.

Laurent

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Laurent,

Sorry for the delay. I will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Raghu

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Hi Raghu,

Thanks a lot.

Looking forward some feedback.

Laurent

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Laurent,

I tried your sample code on my IVB system with HD Graphics 4000 and I cannot reproduce your issue. I get a CL_SUCCESS status when creating the context with clCreateContextFromType. Of course I am using a later gfx driver than what you have, but I dont think that is the problem. Just out of curiosity can you post your full source code (just the lines to reproduce the issue is enough). I will try to use the same driver as you and your code to see if I can replicate what you are seeing.

Thanks,

Raghu

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for checking. I doubt that I will be able to post for the full source code. The issue might be due to my system having an Nvidia card installed too so I will try later to deactivate it completely to see if that changes anything.

Is the driver you are using available for donwload? If yes then I could try that too.

The most important thing is that it should work :) Now I can spend a bit more time to look into that this week so I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

Laurent.

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

The driver I used is an internal one. Please try running the test after removing the NVidia card and let me know.

Thanks,

Raghu

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

Hi Raghu,

Ok it seems to be indeed due to the fact that I have both NVidia and Intel cards running at the same time.

With the NVidia card disabled in the Device manager (not just the screen not extended to it), I was able to get it working.

And I even get very promising results for my tests so everything is good now.

Thanks for checking again.

The issue can be considered closed.

Laurent.

0 Kudos