OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Segfault in kernel compilation

Bruce_M_
Beginner

The attached kernel causes a segfault when clBuildProgram is called. Steps to reproduce:

1. On an Ubuntu 64-bit 12.04.1 system, install onlineclc (http://gitorious.org/onlineclc).
  2. Install the 2013 beta SDK as the only (or first) OpenCL platform on the system.
  3. Run onlineclc crash.cl. It will segfault.

The kernel is a minimal example created by deleting as much code as possible while still segfaulting, so it doesn't do anything useful.

Device info:

Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Vendor: Intel(R) Corporation
Device OpenCL C version: OpenCL C 1.2
Driver version: 1.2
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.2 (Build 56860)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee
I just happened to have a system with Ubuntu 12.04 convenient for testing. I was able to replicate the segfault via the command-line compiler too (not just with onlineclc). You've probably already seen this -- the compilation was successful using a similar kernel without the union. Unfortunately this can't be filed as a bug yet. Intel OpenCL doesn't support Ubuntu, just Fedora and SUSE. In order to process the bug it will need to be reproduced on a supported configuration. Any chance you could try this on a supported setup? Thanks, Jeff
0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Actually the issue is reproducible on RHEL 6.1 as well, so I'm going to submit a bug for it. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Bruce, The issue has been fixed and will be available in the next release later this year. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos