OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Trying to install OpenCL but it states I need to uninstall HD Graphics Driver

warren__autumn
Beginner
I'm trying to install OpenCL but it states I need to uninstall HD Graphics Driver. However, the driver is not in my installed applications. Where would this file be located and what would it be called? I found a file called DIFxCmd.exe, would that be it? Also, what is the procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling a graphics driver? I, of course, don't want to lose any information.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi AutumnW,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Can you provide your system specs and a screen shot of the issue if you believe it to be helpful? I'll make some assumptions here in an attempt toward a fix:

By your use of .exe executable suffix I'm assuming the system is windows.

HD Graphics driver is delivered three ways.

1) From the system vendor... they repackage the Intel reference driver and provide tweaks... Check here first as system support may be contingent on using vendor driver packages.

2) From downloadcenter.intel.com.

3) Stock from Windows* OS... This may be what you observe.

The standalone Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications installer is not to be used on top of a preexisting Intel® Graphics Driver installation. Driver teams have prepackaged a CPU runtime along with the Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ Driver included with the package... (again the package that came from 1) 2) or 3) above )

My suggestion here is to update your system graphics driver to get the latest OpenCL™ runtimes. Let us know if/how these suggestions help! Thanks,

-MichaelC

0 Kudos