OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Unable to Install Intel SDK for x64

Jordan_F_
Beginner

I'm attempting to install the SDK to work with OpenCL on my Windows 7 (x64) partition, and am having a heckuva time. The Java portion installed without a hitch, and I'm stuck at having to install the Visual C++ Runtime Libraries and the actual SDK after that. It attempts to install the C++ RTL, and then after a few seconds of doing nothing, prompts me with this:

"An error occurred while installing system components for Intel SDK for OpenCL* ..."

When I look at details, it leads me to a log file. I'll attach the log file for anyone to look at.

I also attempted to install the 32-bit version instead, and that seemed to install fine, except that it doesn't seem to want to work once I link the libraries in my VS2010 project (instructions found here: http://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/opencl/user-guide/index.htm).

I'm assuming that the reason I'm unable to jump into code at this point is because the x86 version of the SDK isn't going to work properly on an x64 Win7 install, or I've messed up the project settings in VS (they are exactly as in the examples in the instructions for 32bit).

The proper files are saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK for the 32bit install.

Does anyone have any idea why I'd have an issue? I'm running Windows via Bootcamp on my 2011 MBP, so it shouldn't be hardware related. OpenCL works fine on the MacOS (naturally). So I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. The MBP is the 13" i5 version, if that helps anyone.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner

Jordan,

Looking at your log it looks as though the installer is not seeing the VC runtime libraries. Did you follow these directions prior to installing the SDK?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-notes-opencl-sdk/#2

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Kudos
Jordan_F_
Beginner

The link you posted is actually the point in which I run into the issue. When I click Install in step 4, that is where the issue comes up. Copying never completes, as outlined in step 5.

0 Kudos