OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Visual Studio Community 2013 crashes when building program from Code-builder

David_C_13
Beginner

I am using Visual Studio Community 2013 Version 12 Update 4 and OpenCL Code Builder 1.4.0.25 on 64-bit laptop (Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5-5200U and GPU HD Graphics 5500).

I have created a Code Builder project for Windows in C++ and I can build (Configuration: Debug Win32) and run it without any problem.

I have created a session, and Visual Studio always crashes when I try to use following options

1. build program and compile program from Code-builder menu
  2. build session and compile session from contextual menu

What should I do to make Code Builder work?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

One clarifying question: what graphics driver version are you running? Could you make sure to download and install the latest and greatest driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+5500+for+5th+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors

Thanks!

0 Kudos
David_C_13
Beginner

Hi Robert,

My graphic drivers are modified by Toshiba and the version is 10.18.14.4038 (newer than drivers that I can get from Toshiba website - 10.18.10.3977).

Should I delete them and get Intel graphic drivers? Should I contact with Toshiba support to help me to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

You might want to try Intel drivers (if Toshiba laptop would take them), but you need to do a couple of things first:

1. Save whatever the driver you have right now or at least get one from Toshiba

2. Check the manufacturer warranty: I want to make sure you are not voiding it by installing an Intel driver

3. Download and install Intel driver

Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos
David_C_13
Beginner

I have installed Intel drivers and I solved the problem.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos