OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Warning when install SDK on Win8.1 x64 &HD 4000

Jason_L_
Beginner

I got a warning “installation directory must be on a local hard drive”while I installing the SDK.

I used cmd(Admin) to fix this problem and finished the installation but I have no idea whether there will be something wrong?

Also I saw the Win8.1 system is not in the SDK platform list but in the target platform list, does that mean I cant develop it on Win8.1 with vs2012?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Jason, The message comes from MSI installer (not from the OpenCL SDK). And probably you have used a proper workaround, like described here for example - http://ephams.com/2013/03/10/msi-installer-error-installation-directory-local-hard-drive. I think you should be able to develop OpenCL applications just fine - please build and run some OpenCL samples to check if you have any issues. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos