OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Working through OpenCL DSK example - where is the .sln file?

SailingDreams
New Contributor I

I'm new to MSVC (I've spent my life developing on linux) and so please excuse my ignorance on windows MSVC related questions.

My goal is to download opencl and work through an example. So I downloaded the SDK below and installed it on Windows 10

intel_sdk_for_opencl_applications_2020.3.494 

And then I opened the instructions in the installed file

IntelSWTools/system_studio_2020/documentation_2020/en/system_studio_2020/getting_started_iss_build.htm

In that file, it says to "browse to the location where you extracted the hello_world sample files and select the hello_world.sln file", but when I did so with MSVC, I couldn't find the .sln file. Nor could I find it using windows file explorer search.

The "hello_world" example exists in the Program Files directory as indicated, but there isn't a single .sln in the folder nor is there one in the entire "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\system_studio_2020" folder!

All I can find is .cproject and .project files.

Even in the hello_world folder has a readme.html that says to open the .sln file.

Where can I get the .sln files for MSVC so I can continue with this example?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cw_intel

Hi,

Sorry for that. On my machine I installed system studio, not only OpenCL SDK  but I didn't remember the specific version. And on my machine hello_world.sln exists in folder /opt/intel/system_studio_2020/samples_2020/hello_world.

I think you can create a new project on windows via visual studio. And I remembered that the .c file exits on windows, right? And you can copy the .c file to your new project.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cw_intel

Hi,

The hellp_world.sln file is missing on Windows.

To continue with this example, there are two ways,

One is,  you can create a new project by yourself on Windows.  

Another way is, actually on Linux, if you installed this on Linux,  there is a sample in folder /opt/intel/system_studio_2020/samples_2020/hello_world. And in this folder, hellp_world.sln exists.  And you can copy the hello_world project to Windows. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
SailingDreams
New Contributor I

@cw_intel Thanks for your reply. I was about to convert my other PC to Ubuntu. Does it matter if I use 18.04 or 20.04? Once I figure that out, I'll download the SDK to my Ubuntu machine and grab the .sln file.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

This is the RN https://www.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/opencl-sdk-2020-u3-release-notes.pdf. You can go to System Requirements section, you can see that it supports Ubuntu* 18.04.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SailingDreams
New Contributor I

Hi @cw_intel 

I installed the 2020.3.494 SDK version (intel_sdk_for_opencl_applications_2020.3.494.tar.gz) on my Ubuntu machine and sadly, there isn't a .sln file anywhere in the  /opt/intel/system_studio_2020 folder. 

There are other versions I could install. Do you have an idea which has the sln file?

SailingDreams_0-1649364209354.png

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

Sorry for that. On my machine I installed system studio, not only OpenCL SDK  but I didn't remember the specific version. And on my machine hello_world.sln exists in folder /opt/intel/system_studio_2020/samples_2020/hello_world.

I think you can create a new project on windows via visual studio. And I remembered that the .c file exits on windows, right? And you can copy the .c file to your new project.

Thanks

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Thanks for accepting the solution. If you have any other question, please create a new thread as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos