OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

clBuildProgram crash with OpenCL SDK Debugger

Michal__M_
Beginner

Hi everybody - Im new to this forum.
The problem im experiencing is when im trying to add the build option to clBuildProgram like so:

err = clBuildProgram(m_program, 0, NULL, "r; -g - s \"r; C:/Users/michal/Documents/Visual//Studio//2010/Projects/FCGL2/kernel.cl", NULL, NULL);

At runtime the program executes everything up to this point and simply crashes. Im using Visual Studio 2013 together with the newest Intel OpenCL.

The NDRange is exactly 2x4x2 and set in codebuilder options as well. buildLog provides me with the message :

-        buildLog    0x02c36688 "Error in processing command line: Don't understand command line argument \"r;\"!"    char *

Besides this my application runs smoothly, I just wanted to try the debugger. Can anyone help?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Michal,

As the build error points the options string to clBuildProgram is wrong. It should be

"-g - s C:/Users/michal/Documents/Visual//Studio//2010/Projects/FCGL2/kernel.cl"

Raghu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Michal,

As the build error points the options string to clBuildProgram is wrong. It should be

"-g - s C:/Users/michal/Documents/Visual//Studio//2010/Projects/FCGL2/kernel.cl"

Raghu

0 Kudos
Michal__M_
Beginner

Raghu Muthyalampalli (Intel) wrote:

Hi Michal,

Raghu

It worked, no error! Follow-up question - how do actually I use the debugger? It seems to me that it does not do much, I was kind of expecting some new dialog window to open or something similar... 
Cant find a "how to" on intels webpage either...Any clue?

0 Kudos