OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

intel OpenCL SDK can't find my 3rd generation CPU

Mahmoud_A_1
Beginner

Hi,

I have Intel core i7 3rd geneartion with intel HD 4000 GPU. I downloaded the Intel OpenCL SDK 1.2.  Everything was great and the opencl can find and program my CPU and HD 4000 GPU. However, Now, the OpenCL can only find and program the GPU. For example, the sample code below from BitonicSort example. the context is only created when g_bRunOnPG=1 otherwise the context for CPU isn't created. All intel OpenCL SDK applications can't find the CPU. Any suggestions?

cl_context_properties context_properties[3] = {CL_CONTEXT_PLATFORM, (cl_context_properties)intel_platform_id, NULL };

// create the OpenCL context on a CPU/PG
if(g_bRunOnPG)
{
g_context = clCreateContextFromType(context_properties, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, NULL, NULL, NULL);
}
else
{
g_context = clCreateContextFromType(context_properties, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU, NULL, NULL, NULL);
}

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stevan_Medić
Beginner

Hello Mahmoud,

If openCL cannot recognize your device as openCL compatible, there can be just one thing; you do not have appropriate driver.

Please check here and download latest driver: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Very useful tool. Let me know if you succeed :)

Stevan

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

If your application cannot find the CPU device maybe you are missing the CPU runtime. Can you check to make sure you have the CPU runtime components. Try repairing the installation.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos