OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

intel sdk for opencl applications 2019.5.345 installer crash

geron__sebastien
Beginner

Hello,

I just downloaded intel sdk for opencl applications 2019.5.345 (stand-alone version for Windows that I downloaded from https://software.intel.com/en-us/opencl-sdk/choose-download). I unzipped the archive and tried to run setup.exe. The first screen of the installer shows up, the progress bar is moving during 2 or 3 seconds and then... it closes and nothing more happens.

I went to Windows Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application and saw an error (see below). Obviously the installer crashed. Is there any other way of getting this tool installed?

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

Sébastien Geron

---------------------------------

Application: install.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NotSupportedException
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(System.String)
   at micl.plugin.net.loader.resolver.ResolveHandler(System.Object, System.ResolveEventArgs)
   at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.String)

Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException
   at <Module>.?A0x9974d22c.??__E??_7v8_binder@wpf@net@plugin@micl@@6B@@@YMXXZ()
   at <Module>._initterm_m(Void* ()*, Void* ()*)
   at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.InitializeVtables(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)
   at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport._Initialize(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)
   at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)

Exception Info: <CrtImplementationDetails>.ModuleLoadException
   at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)
   at <Module>..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sergey_I_Intel1
Employee

Hello Geron,

We are working on this issue right now.

As workaround, please try to run "install.exe --net3.5".

Install.exe is located in .zip archive of OpenCL SDK.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos
msmoritz
Beginner

Hi @Sergey_I_Intel1 

I tried the --net3.5 option to install.exe as suggested for Geron, but this did not work.

Otherwise, the event log events look the same as Geron reported.

Is there another option to get the installer working?

matt

0 Kudos
geron__sebastien
Beginner

Hi Sergey,

That did the trick, thank you.

Best regards,

Sébastien

0 Kudos