OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

opencl kernel compiler gives "out of memory" error log

comic_f_
Beginner

Hello:

I'm testing some kernel with intel opencl,

offline compiler  ioc gives following output:

OpenCL Intel(R) Graphics device was found!

Device name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

Device version: OpenCL 1.2

Device vendor: Intel(R) Corporation

Device profile: FULL_PROFILE

fcl build 1 succeeded.

fcl build 2 succeeded.

Error: out of memory.

Build failed!

compile src in code builder gives same error.

I'm using opencl sdk 2016 R2 win7.

could anybody help ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I suspect the issue may be related to install.  Can you run any of the samples, such as the Platform/Device Capabilities Viewer Sample?

In my testing on a similar system ioc64 works fine.  So far I have not been able to reproduce this behavior.

0 Kudos
comic_f_
Beginner
I've compile/run some kernel successufully already, only this kernel source leads to out of memory error(including ioc/ioc64/code builder32/64). I also tried to use khronos spir compiler to compile this kernel , generate spir file and run it with inte opencl runtime successfully. so this should be a cl front error. if needed , I can provides the problem kernel source in private email (maybe after 3 days)
0 Kudos
comic_f_
Beginner
Jeffrey M. (Intel) wrote:

I suspect the issue may be related to install.  Can you run any of the samples, such as the Platform/Device Capabilities Viewer Sample?

In my testing on a similar system ioc64 works fine.  So far I have not been able to reproduce this behavior.

I've compile/run some kernel successufully already, only this kernel source leads to out of memory error(including ioc/ioc64/code builder32/64). I also tried to use khronos spir compiler to compile this kernel , generate spir file and run it with inte opencl runtime successfully. so this should be a cl front error. if needed , I can provides the problem kernel source in private email (maybe after 3 days)
0 Kudos