OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

where is opencl debugger settings in vs 2010?

omair_r_
Beginner

Dear Forum,

I just want to ask a very simple question: where can I find the opencl debugger dialog in visual studio 2010. There is no code builder tab in vs2010 as well as I could not find it under the tools tab. I just want to enable opencl debugger, play around work item values and debug my kernel code. 

Any help would be appreciated? 

thanks,

Mork.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Intel SDK for OpenCL applications has plugins for Visual Studio 2012, 2013, and 2015.  There is no plugin for Visual Studio 2010.

0 Kudos
omair_r_
Beginner

thank you Jeffrey for your reply. I already made it run with vs_2013, but was just curios if one can manually link the debugger provided with the intel opencl sdk for debugging cpu kernels?.

So you are suggesting its not possible to debug cpu kernels using vs_2010 or earlier versions?.

Regards,

Mork.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

As far as I know, this is correct.  You need the visual studio plugins which are only prepared for VS 2012, 2013, and 2015.  I'm checking if there are more options and will update here if there are.

0 Kudos