Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14675 Discussions

12500h is too hot!

stoptheheat
Beginner
Hi! I have a notebook with i5 12500H processor. Everything is nice and smooth but it gets hot... when I play games. My notebook has a 5298 rpm fan for the processor and it is not even enough. When I check it usually reaches 100°C. I had blue screen deaths TWICE and the notebook is new btw, I have it for a month. I am really sad, i have a beautiful brand new pc and it already started to crash. Please help me what should i do? Cooling pad didnt work btw, not even cooled it by 1 °C.
I can provide any needed info.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I question the "6000 rpm" fan claim.

However, you need to contact the manufacturer of your notebook and/or update their bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
stoptheheat
Beginner
Sorry, my bad! My memory trolls me sometimes. The correct value is 5298 rpm. My BIOS is up to date. I wanted to reach intel first because this problem is only about the proccessor, otherwise everything is fine.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If the notebook is that bad, return it for a refund and get something else.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, everything else is not fine.   The notebook is poorly designed and unable to cool properly.

What is the model number of this notebook?

0 Kudos
stoptheheat
Beginner

By everything else I meant my GPU is fine, it never goes over 80 degrees. This made me think "hmm, maybe intel might have some tips for me about cooling their processor". I can't return it. My notebook is a Gigabyte G5 KF. I think its cooling system is fine, like it should be enough. 

0 Kudos
AlexisRempe
Beginner

i got the same core and same problem on a Asus Vivobook... it goes 90celsius for almost everithing... and when i see the task manager most of its cores are stopped and 3 cores are taking all the workload

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Did you read this thread?  If not, start a new thread for yourself with complete information.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @stoptheheat  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your laptop, I will gladly assist you here. 

You can test and run these utilities and attach the reports and screenshots, check on the notes: 

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool 

Note: Please attach the complete Screenshot or click on "File", select the "View Results File" option, save and attach the report. 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

However, please be aware that these tools are to see if there is something off with the processor and, regardless of the results, as Alhill mentioned, the only one that can help you is your System Manufacturer in the end, so we recommend you to contact them first, especially because this is a laptop: My Laptop Seems to Be Overheating

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
stoptheheat
Beginner

Hi, first of all, sorry for my late answer. Secondly, thank you for your interest. Here are the files you wanted from me:

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @stoptheheat  

Thank you for the reports provided. 

As per the reports, the processor passed the test, it seems to be working fine and your laptop has the latest BIOS version, so we suggest you to contact your System Manufacturer to check this issue and further assistance. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need additional assistance with other products, please do not hesitate to contact us back and submit a new post.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
stoptheheat
Beginner

Well, thank you for your interest. 

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos