Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15527 Discussions

13700k p cores Work only at e cores clock while gaming

AlexLowas
Beginner
Hello Guys, i need Help. I bought a 13700k and while gaming the p-cores are running only at e-cores selected clock. What the hell? I Run a z790 ASRock Steel Legend Mainboard on win 11. On Desktop it runs Like it should run P-Cores OC at 5.4 and the E-Cores at 4.4 GHz. While Gaming all cores are running just at 4.4 (the E-Cores clock)!
The temps are around 50 degrees Celsius, and i saw this behaviour only ob demanding Games.
The GPU (4080) is running as it should.
I should mention that i also undervolted my CPU, could this be the Problem? Pls help me and pls tell ne what to do.
Thank u in advance
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AlexLowas, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question about overclocking/underclocking it is important to mention that altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. So yes, that fact could be the source of the problem. 

In order to rule out a possible hardware issue with the processor, please install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test it means it is working properly:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=intel%20processor%20diagnostic%20tool

We also recommend to get in contact directly with ASRock Support in order to reset the BIOS to default settings and also to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently up to date or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.asrock.com/support/

Is there any graphics problem with the games?
Is there any graphics issue with the normal usage of the computer?

If the problem persists after trying the suggestions above, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AlexLowas, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AlexLowas, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos