Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14698 Discussions

14th gen i9 is a joke!

TheDucky94
Beginner

I'm so fed up with my 14900KF. It's nothing but disappointment and anger what I experience with it! 

Unreal Engine games are crashing, overall system stability is a joke and after a replacement CPU it got WORST! Now I have random BSOD-s for some new reasons I didn't have before like Memory_Management BSOD etc. I built my brand new PC expecting to be awesome and powerfull yet right now I think it belongs in trash. I don't know what went wrong with Intel but this CPU lineup is nothing but a joke. 

Am I the only one who's as unlucky as I am?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Fi77on
Beginner

you can use a program call ProcessLasso.exe to test for faulty cores, this is a common problem on 13th gen cpu's too.

0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat

No, even the people that are willing to spend 750 dollars on a 14900KS get bad memory controllers, which you likely received. What frequency memory are you running? Have you attempted turning off your XMP profile? Cooler Sufficient?

0 Kudos
TheDucky94
Beginner

I'm using this memory kit.: G.SKILL 32GB Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7600MHz CL36 KIT F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK

I wanted to be a pretty future proof so that's why I chose a very fast memory kit. However XMP is unstable in stock CPU clock speed so I turned it off so I have to run them in 4800MTs which is not okay. Also my cooler is as sufficient as it's possible cuz it's a Deepcool LT720. Here's the problem. I initially replaced my CPU via Intel warranty and the second unit from Intel has also the same problem. Question is... Am I really that unlucky? 

It's extremely unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat

JEDEC should be 5600 for that CPU, strange you're put at 4800 even. What board are you using? Also, I've noticed through making many systems on LGA1700 that the pressure from your cooler has a huge affect on  your ability to run high memory speeds. If you overtighten/overtorque your cooler onto the board, which many people do because they're absolutely legitimately concerned about their thermals. Also what board did you choose? 7600 MT is pretty fast and I wouldn't consider running anything that fast on anything less than some of the most premium solutions of motherboards. You're pretty much tied to the z790 Apex Encore or a select few others if you wish to run memory speeds that high. Most importantly, try to see if you've accidentally over torqued your CPU cooler. With LGA 1700 for all mounting on the CPU "Finger tight is just right"

0 Kudos
KrissyG
New Contributor II

google says his RAM has two sticks, if this is true, then limitations of the motherboard may take place.
Most motherboards that allow XMP profile will not allow all sticks at full speed, in fact only one stick will have max speed, if he has two, that would limit the max speed......but idk if taht would result in instabillity, i would say PC would either crash or would ignore higher setting.

0 Kudos
TheDucky94
Beginner

My cooler is a Deepcool LT720 and the mounting solution is kind of stupid proof design because there's no way I could overtight my cooler. I'm thinkin of buying a contact frame for my cpu but all in all, I don't think that's the case.

My mb is an ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI latest BIOS, and yes I have 2 sticks 2x16GB stick.

0 Kudos
KrissyG
New Contributor II

hmm, it does not say if the max speed is supported with both sticks at the same time, it just says "1,2"

KrissyG_0-1712592583451.png

and then on some it shows this: 

KrissyG_1-1712592817177.png

like, what does that even mean? if you have 2 sticks, you can put it in 1 and 2, or 1 and 4, or 2 and 4 and it will achieve mentioned speed? (and whatever happened to the 3rd slot)
I don't ger it, it shows support for 3 slots, but for 2 sticks....

Then in the 'features' tab it shows that the AI does 6800 only and not the supported 7600 for some reason.

KrissyG_2-1712593209001.png

Honestly, it sounds like some of the specs are somewhat exaggerated, seems you need to OC the CPU to get the benefit of XMP at higher speed.

Have you tried running it on XMP with just one stick?

0 Kudos
TalonYT
Novice

That motherboard is not going to run 7600 DDR5 no matter if it says it will or not. 7400 is around your max for that board. Just set XMP and then manually change DRAM speed to 7200 or 7400. 

Also what long/short term power limits are you setting. What current limits are you setting? 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello TheDucky94,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please check your email inbox, as we have sent you a message regarding our concern.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos