Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15205 Discussions

6458Q vs. 6454S

m2b
Beginner

I'm curious about the difference between two Xeon processor. The first one is 6454S and the second is 6458Q. Almost all the specifications are same (except the base frequency) but the recommended price is half. I do not think just the working frequency can create such a price difference ($3259-) and I would like to learn the real reasons behind which creates this price  difference. Thanks for advanced.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello m2b,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The difference is that the Intel® Xeon® Gold 6458Q belongs to lower Tcase SKUs, targeted towards liquid cooling, and the Intel® Xeon® Gold 6454S is a storage-optimized SKU with full accelerators enabled (DSA, QAT, DLB).

Please find a direct comparison of these two processors here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=231733,232386

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
m2b
Beginner

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos