Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15193 Discussions

[Alderon Games] Questions and Concerns about Intel Handling of 13th and 14th Failures

AlderonMatt
Beginner

I posted in this the July failure thread but not a lot of replies are being sent to users, figured I would make a dedicated thread to talk about it and try to get help. Some of my postsw were also being removed on the /r/intel subreddit so wanted to get some answers here.

Any ideas on why we had server providers who ran into faulty CPUs in 2023 get rejected around the time you mentioned the Oxidation manufacturing issue. After 2 years of being handed rejected RMAs, contacting 'customer support again and hoping to not get rejected again is getting quite annoying'.

Is Intel going to honor these RMAs or are we just going to get rejected again contacting support.

Why wasn't the Oxidation manufacturing issue disclosed to customers and investors earlier?

2. Any reason why CPUs would be failing, and in some cases popping or exploding even when brand new out of box configured to intel spec settings.

3. I'm running into the same crash issues with the same callstack as the desktop parts on several laptops including but not limited 13900HX and other laptop processors.

4. Isn't delaying the microcode update to August going to result in a lot more dead CPUs while waiting for this fix. It's not just instability but CPUs actually can die and stop posting.

Any chance we can get a beta BIOS or microcode that can be applied to verify the issue is actually fixed and this isn't stalling the issue out to past the Ryzen CPUs launching?

5. I'm having thousands of crashes in our crash reporting database from the same failures including on laptop.

We are also investigating if Xeons are affected by similar failures.

6. Users have been waiting a fix for this issue since December 2022 and its taken until July 2024 to get a response and ETA on a fix, any reason this process has taken so long to commit to customers getting RMAs and solutions.

7. Why is intel still selling CPUs that they are known to be defective without the microcode update being released to fix it?

8. You mention that a small percentage of users are affected. Every time a company has a issue they always down play it and just mention a small percentage of users. We know from crash data that this issue is affecting a wide number of users. You will have data on failure rates from OEMs and various companies to prove this. Why would you tell customers that its still a small percentage?

9. Can you realise CPU dates and serial numbers for processors affected by the Oxidation issue so users know if they might be affected.

0 Kudos
0 Replies