Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14923 Discussions

CPU Temperature i7-7700HQ

RGarr3
Beginner

Hi there.

I bought this laptop the last week, and today was the first time i could dig in properly. I noticed that the idle temperature for the CPU is 42-53ºC. Is this normal temperature for the CPU? I dont really know if it is and because i read so many mix answer all over the internet i decided to come to the right place to get this answered.

The battery is in the option for 'best performance' and the CPU seems to be locked (because of this option) on 3Ghz. If i put the battery option for 'best battery life' the temperature goes to 40-50ºC.

The GPU temperature is always the same 40ºC.

TL;DR

-Idle temp, normal to be arround 40-50ºC?

-While gaming is it normal to get to ~85ºC-90ºC ?

Thank you very much for your time !

Laptop Specs:

CPU: i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz-3.3Ghz

RAM: 16GB

GPU: GeForce 1060 Max-Q (6GB)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Considering that the configuration is in High Performance mode, these readings are perfectly normal. The maximum temperature while gaming is a little high than you would want it to be, but fine if the temperature slowly rose to this level (indicating that it was probably not exceeding the thermal load line along the way). It you have control over the cooling configuration (in BIOS or runtime), you might want to set the threshold for maximum fan/blower response to a slightly lower temperature (say, 85c).

RAJU2529
New Contributor III

Its normal temperature less than or equal to 50*c because i7 7700HK TDP is 45W by INTEL factory

0 Kudos