Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14811 Discussions

CPU ghz stuck at base speed

AliMehdi
Beginner

Specifications of laptop: HP Pavilion 14-ce3007ne (not the gaming laptop)
CPU: i5-1035G1 (Base Speed: 1.19ghz) (Max speed: 3.6ghz)
GPU: Geforce MX130
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2667MHz

Problem: In november 2022 I used to play gta online and minecraft alot and there was no issue with fps or anything at all, if there was low fps that would be the problem of specifications. I stopped playing those games in november ending because I got busy. Now when I try to play gta online or minecraft, the fps is horrible or unplayable. The fps is 29-40 in both games. I installed msi afterburner because I like to see the statistics of my hardware. I noticed that the cpu is locked at 1.08ghz whenever I play a game or even do the most basic tasks like using chrome. Back in November my cpu would go upto 3.6ghz but its capped to 1.19ghz for now (the 1.19ghz was 1.08ghz before, I have listed it in the Things that I tried) . My power plan is set to high performance.

Before you say I dont meet requirements of gta 5, I do meet the requirements of minecraft and the same issue persists. Even if thats the case, In november 2022 I was able to play gta online with no lag.

Things that I tried: I went to yt and saw a yt vid and it said go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\intelppm and set start to 1 (mine was at 3). Then in the comment section ppl said change it to 4 if 1 doesnt work so the base speed went from 1.08ghz to 1.19ghz which is the base clock speed. But it didnt unlock the cpu speed which would run at 3.2-3.6ghz.

Second thing that I tried was to go to system configuration>boot>advanced options>Checked the box of no. of processors and set it to 8. Didnt touch anything else.
Reinstalled drivers for my cpu but did not unlock the base cpu speed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello AliMehdi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 Processor, I will be glad to help.

There are many factors that influence the processor operating frequency, such as the system overheating, adequate power supply, workload, and device limitations set by the manufacturer.

Please follow the recommendations below:

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AliMehdi,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos