Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14657 Discussions

Calentamiento Core i9 10900KF

Vaycos
Beginner

Hola espero alguien me pueda ayudar.

Tengo una computadora que es relativamente nueva (2 años) un día se me apago por completo, estaba jugando Destiny 2 entonces empecé a monitorear la temperatura tanto del procesador como de la tarjeta gráfica, al encender la computadora el procesador sube de 33° hasta los 64° sin hacer nada, después de unos 5 minutos aproximados vuelve a los 30° a 33° ejecutando programas como Photoshop e Illustartor llega a subir hasta los 55°/60° pero el problema viene cuando ejecuto algún juego, sube hasta los 90°/98° y se mantiene en un promedio de lo 85°/98° y en momentos a los 100° ya cambié la pasta térmica del procesador puesto que tengo un Enfriamiento Liquido Deepcool Castle 240 RGB V2 ¿Qué puedo hacer? ¿Alguna recomendación?

Les dejo los Specs:

Tarjeta Madre: Gigabyte Z490 GAMING X

Procesador Intel Core i9 10900KF

64 GB Memoria RAM Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL18

Tarjeta Gráfica NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Disco Duro SSD 1 TB

Fuente de Poder COUGAR GEX850 80 PLUS GOLD

Enfriamiento Liquido DeepCool Castle 240 RGB V2

Muchas Gracias

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you build this computer?

Did you update your bios?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Vaycos
Beginner

Thanks for answering

Did you build this computer?

R: No, it was a company dedicated to selling computer equipment

Did you update your bios?

R: How can I know which is the latest version?

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Go to gigabyte for help with their bios.  

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Vaycos
Beginner

Thanks for answering:

Which one would you recommend?

Vaycos_0-1657216224166.png

0 Kudos
Vaycos
Beginner

Ready I updated the BIOS and now the initial temperature of the processor is 38 ° / 68 ° there are no programs running and I feel that the temperature is high.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That is a perfectly fine idle temperature. If you must have something better than that, you are going to have to improve the cooling solution utilized.

...S

0 Kudos
Vaycos
Beginner

Thanks for answering

But, what are the optimal starting temperatures for this processor? and what happens if it reaches above 98°C again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Starting temperature? Do you mean where to anchor the fan speed control curve? My philosophy is that the earlier you begin applying a response (i.e. increase in fan speed duty cycle) to temperature increase, the lower will be the average temperature over the higher usage periods and the less noticeable the fan/blower/pump response necessary to account for incremental temperature changes. The goal is simply to keep the temperature below the processor's Tjmax (Maximum Junction Temperature). From some minimum duty cycle, linearly increase the duty cycle such that 100% is reached some small distance below the processor's Tjmax (which is somewhere in the vicinity of 100c). For example, you could use:

• Minimum Temperature = 60c
  • Minimum Duty Cycle = 30%
  • Duty cycle Increment = 2%

This would increase the duty cycle from 30% to 100% over temperature range 60 to 95c.

Now, I will give you two answers to the second question. Intel's answer will be that as long as you keep the temperature at or below the processor's Tjmax, your processor will suffer no thermal degradation and should reach its warranted lifetime without issue. I don't like that answer. It is my opinion that it is not good for the processor to spend any significant amount of time at or near its Tjmax. I thus recommend to anchor the top of the response curve some distance - say 5 degrees - below the processor's Tjmax. Remember two things, (1) the heat being generated has to be dissipated and if it cannot be dissipated effectively, it is also going to affect the other circuitry around it - circuitry that is typically not able to withstand temperatures this high for any sustained period - and (2) if the temperature is at or above the processor's Tjmax, the processor is going to be throttling performance to help lower the temperature. If this happens too much, it results in an overall loss of performance. That's a waste. You are playing this off against fan/blower/pump noise, of course.

Aside (up on my soapbox): Laptop manufacturers will often under-design their cooling solution (pocketing the money saved) and rely on the processor throttling itself to protect it from damage. Worse, to make their battery life look better, they will rely on throttling to limit power utilization and extend the available battery power. How slimy! These manufacturers should be sued for selling systems configured like this (ok, off my soapbox now).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos