Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15135 Discussions

Can anyone share a link to the page that lists the number of 1080p Quicksync concurrent transcodes

Mixlplex
Beginner

Somewhere on the Intel site there was a page that listed the number of 1080p QuickSync transcodes based on the processor. I know there was one somewhere a while ago, but I'm having a really hard time finding it. I recall it listed the Intel processors down the left side and had a column for the max(?) number of concurrent 1080p transcodes. Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Mixlplex,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am going to research this information. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Mixlplex,

Could you please confirm if you are referring to this article?: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/encode-and-decode-capabilities-for-7th-generation-intel-core-processors-and-newer.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mixlplex
Beginner

Steven,

Thanks, but that page (table) only lists whether it can encode, not how many it can encode simultaneously.

-Mix

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will continue looking into this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mixlplex,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

There is no defined limit of simultaneous encode jobs per QuickSync. It is up to the overall hardware configuration that would pose a practical limit. E.g. you can do 2-3 simultaneous encode jobs but as adding more and more then there would be delays in the others.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mixlplex,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos