According to the Asus site,
- Intel® Socket 1151 for 7th/6th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
- Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
- Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
Looking further, the Intel Core i5-7600K is listed as being validated as working with BIOS 3101 and newer for this motherboard.
Al (Doc) was (perhaps too subtly?) trying to educate you and the masses that this is something you yourself should be looking up on the motherboard manufacturers site, not asking us here to do so for you. If you aren't sure, you should be asking the motherboard manufacturer's support folks for assistance, not us. The issue is that compatibility goes far beyond socket compatibility; it is (also) dependent upon the motherboard design and the BIOS provided with the motherboard. We here have no magic insights into these issues.