Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Can't find the uninstaller for XTU 2.1, please help!!!

JGalt
Novice

I am running XTU 2.1 on Windows 7 64 bit with an i5-2500k CPU. I am troubleshooting an issue and I need to uninstall XTU....however, I can't find the uninstaller.

There is no listing for it in Programs and Features, and there is no uninstaller in the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility start menu folder or the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning" file folder.

I installed this years ago, so I can't go back with System Restore.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JGalt
Novice

I downloaded the original installation file for XTU 2.1 and reinstalled it. The entry then appeared in Programs and Features and I was able to uninstall.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JGalt
Novice

Any ideas?

What if I reinstall it and then try the uninstall?

Can I still download v2.1 for Win7-64?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John-Galt,

If Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility is already installed; you will see the application at Programs and Features window. The latest version is 6.0.2.8

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- Download Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
JGalt
Novice

Hi Mike C,

Thank you for the reply.

The XTU is installed and running, and it shows version 2.1. As I said in my original post, it is not visible in Programs and Features, and there is no uninstaller for it in it's start menu folder or its program files folder....this is the problem I'm trying to solve.

How do I uninstall if I can't find the uninstaller?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John-Galt,

It is not a frequent issue. I suggest you to install the latest version then, uninstall it. The process will uninstall the 2 versions.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- Download Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

If problem continues, please let me know where you see the application in your computer. Take a screenshot if it is possible.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
JGalt
Novice

I downloaded the original installation file for XTU 2.1 and reinstalled it. The entry then appeared in Programs and Features and I was able to uninstall.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John-Galt,

I am glad to hear that. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos