Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15067 Discussions

Continue with the Core i5-14500 game crashing

Pak
Novice

Hi,

I forgot to check the previous thread I have post as I was on vacation, and the problem still not be solved, so I am here to continue to find out what happening.

The content from the last thread I have posted as follow;

Heard about 14th gen CPU have a problem of game crashing.

I dont know if anyone facing this problem as well but this is really annoying.

I make sure GPU driver is up to date and ran through tests. Everthing works completely well.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

My new built PC spec as follow;

Processor: Core i5-14500

Motherboard: ASRock B760 Pro RS ATX Motherboard

Graphics card: INNO3D GeForce RTX 4060 Twin X2 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

RAM: G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz DDR5 Memory Kit

Reply to Francis;

Hi Francis,

Sorry I forgot to check this thread as I was on vacation.

As I seen you replied to my thread and I am responding each one of the question below;

What are the names of the affected games? Ans: League of Legends, World of Tanks, World of Warships, Rainbow 6 siege amd Abiotic Factor.
Is there an error message you're receiving? Ans: Non of the error message pop up when those games crashed.
Which distributor did you install the game/s from? Ans: Riot, Wargaming, Ubisoft and Steam
Aside from GPU driver updates, what are the tests and troubleshooting you have already taken? Ans: Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit and Cinebench2024_win_x86_64
May we ask where you read that the 14th-generation CPUs have issues with games? Ans: Source from here https://steamcommunity.com/app/553850/discussions/0/4298194451985254790/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/GamersNexus/comments/1c5n1tl/intel_13th_14th_gen_cpu_video_memory_crash_details/
And here is the test result document from Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit, hope it may help.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Pak

0 Kudos
13 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

I'm interested in the community thread you mentioned. Could you please share the link with us? This will help us review the entire conversation and avoid repeating the steps you've already taken.

It's noted that games like League of Legends, World of Tanks, World of Warships, Rainbow Six Siege, and Abiotic Factor are affected. Have you noticed any patterns in when these crashes occur—like during specific in-game actions or after a certain amount of playtime? Since you mentioned no error messages appear when the games crash, have you checked the Windows Event Viewer logs for any related entries around the times of these crashes? Sometimes, this can provide clues. Given that you installed the games from various distributors (Riot, Wargaming, Ubisoft, Steam), have you tried verifying the integrity of game files through these platforms? Sometimes corrupted game files can lead to instability. 

Intel analysis has determined a confirmed contributing factor to the instability reports on Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen (K/KF/KS) desktop processors is elevated voltage input to the processor due to previous BIOS settings which allow the processor to operate at turbo frequencies and voltages even while the processor is at a high temperature.

However, in investigating this instability issue Intel did discover a bug in the Enhanced Thermal Velocity Boost (eTVB) algorithm which can impact operating conditions for Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen (K/KF/KS) desktop processors. We have developed a patch for the eTVB bug and are working with our OEM/ODM motherboard partners to roll out the patch as part of BIOS updates ahead of July 19th, 2024. While this eTVB bug is potentially contributing to instability, it is not the root cause of the instability issue.

You may visit this link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/June-2024-Guidance-regarding-Intel-Core-13th-and-14th-Gen-K-KF/td-p/1607807

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Pak
Novice

Hi VonM,

Thanks for the reply.

Here was my previous post: https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Core-i5-14500-game-crashing/m-p/1611620#M74034

I did update my bios to the most up to date one from ASRock supporting site but there is no change after I updated it.

I took your advice and trace back the error/application crash history on the Windows Event Viewer logs. It did show me some error logs. I copy and paste a few of them in the txt. file so you can help me have a look. However, as my system runs in Tranditional Chinese language, therefore, you might have to translate a bit of the contents. I apologise for that.

And responding to verifying the integrity of game files, and yes I did a lot of time on different games in this procedure. 

Kind regards,

Pak

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Thank you for the update and for providing additional details. I've reviewed your previous post and see that you've already updated your BIOS to the latest version without improvement. It's good that you've also traced back the error logs in the Windows Event Viewer and have shared them with me. I'll certainly help you analyze those logs, even with the language barrier. Verifying the integrity of game files multiple times is a good step to ensure there are no issues there. We will need to do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Pak
Novice

Hi Von M.,

Thank you for replying me.

Really appreciated you help me look into it. Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Pak

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Thank you for your response. After looking into the issue, I’m pleased to share the troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Update Windows*. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update.
  2. Check for overheating issues. Make sure the thermal solution is compatible and installed properly. Refer to troubleshooting overheating issues
  3. Start the system in minimal configuration. Minimal configuration: motherboard, processor, power supply unit, and one DRAM module.
  4. Check the power supply to ensure it is suitable for your self-built system.
  5. Check for memory issues:
  • Try to have a sufficient amount of memory in your build system.
  • Try different memory sticks.
  • Make sure the memory is seated well.
  1. Run CPU stress test for Windows* and Linux*.
  1. Try to get a fresh image of the operating system.

Just to share with you, we have our support link where you can find all of the troubleshooting steps that we’re going to perform. To make it easier for you, here’s our support link: Troubleshooting Tips for Random System Crashes on an Intel® Boxed ProcessorTroubleshooting Tips for Blue Screen Error (BSOD) While Using Intel® Processors

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Have you had a chance to review our previous post regarding the troubleshooting steps and the article I shared? Please inform us if you require any further assistance. We're here to help.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Pak
Novice

Hi Von M.,

I have done all those steps from the above thread that you have adviced me to do. It looks like now is more stable but before I have done those steps, I tried to play World of Tanks and had a game crash as following a error notification.

Kind regards,

Pak

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm glad to hear the stability has improved after following those steps. I've reviewed the pictures you provided, and it appears that the game showed an error message indicating that information has been collected to report to the server for further analysis. We'd like to share this link: Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen K/KF/KS instability reports where you can find more information about 13th & 14th Gen stability reports. 

Intel and its partners are continuing to investigate user reports regarding instability issues on Intel Core 13th and 14th generation (K/KF/KS) desktop processors. We appreciate the Intel community’s patience on the matter and will continue to share updates on the investigation as it works toward a conclusion. In the meantime, we’re sharing an update on confirmed factors leading to the reported instability issues and Intel’s current guidance to users regarding Intel Core 13th and 14th Generation (K/KF/KS) desktop processors.

Moreover, you can view the image showing from the link and try the BIOS Intel Default Settings, and let's see if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Have you had a chance to review our previous response regarding the link we shared? Please inform us if you require any further assistance. We're here to help.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Pak
Novice

Hi Von M.,

I have got you some update here as I am experiencing Kernel-Power (41) and Kernel-Processor-Power (37) Problems when I check back on the Windows Event Viewer logs.

And it gets instantly blue-screen and restarted.

I have searched some solution on the internet and tried them but it seems like it could not work out.

Please could you give me some solutions of those problems?

Kind regards,

Pak

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Thank you for your response. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the Kernel-Power (41) and Kernel-Processor-Power (37) errors, leading to blue screens and restarts. A blue screen error (BSOD) is encountered when the system boots up or during normal computer operation. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues. Kernel processor power event ID 37 is logged when the hardware platform determines that the OS can't use some frequency range that the processor supports. This Warning event notifies the user that the processor or CPU core can't support running at full speed. 

Just to share with you, we have our support links and articles where you can find all of the troubleshooting steps that we’re going to perform. To make it easier for you, here’s our support links:

Please let us know if these steps resolve the issue or if you encounter any difficulties along the way.

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

Have you had a chance to review our previous response about Kernel-Power (41) and Kernel-Processor-Power (37) errors? Please let us know if you require any further assistance. I'm here to help.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Pak.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos