Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15067 Discussions

Core i5-14500 game crashing

Pak
Novice

Hi,

Heard about 14th gen CPU have a problem of game crashing.

I dont know if anyone facing this problem as well but this is really annoying. 

I make sure GPU driver is up to date and ran through tests. Everthing works completely well.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

My new built PC spec as follow;

Processor: Core i5-14500

Motherboard: ASRock B760 Pro RS ATX Motherboard

Graphics card: INNO3D GeForce RTX 4060 Twin X2 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

RAM: G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz DDR5 Memory Kit

7 Replies
Dubaidude
Beginner

Hey,

I have the same problem as you do. BSOD randomly with a similar set up. All drivers up to date.

System Model: B760 GAMING X AX DDR4
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-14600KF (20 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM 32GB (2x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4-3200

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

Does anybody know a fix?

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Pak,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We'll see what we can do to assist you with the games that are crashing on your system.

Please share us the following for us to better understand the current situation with the games.

1. What are the names of the affected games?
  2. Is there an error message you're receiving?
  3. Which distributor did you install the game/s from?
  4. Aside from GPU driver updates, what are the tests and troubleshooting you have already taken? This is to ensure we do not provide redundant steps in isolating or fixing the issue.
  5. May we ask where you read that the 14th-generation CPUs have issues with games? It may have been possible that the reference has troubleshooting that we may need to document.

May we request that you run the System Support Utility Tool so we can get a log file consisting of your system configuration as well as software versions? This will enable us to see through errors logged by the Operating System as well.

We will be waiting for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dubaidude
Beginner

Im not Pak but I'll reply anyway

- What are the names of the affected games?

Rimworld, Helldivers, but I dont need to play a game to end up with a BSOD, browsing the web can be enough

- Is there an error message you're receiving?

All with varying error codes, often KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUR, IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

- Which distributor did you install the game/s from?

Steam

- Aside from GPU driver updates, what are the tests and troubleshooting you have already taken? This is to ensure we do not provide redundant steps in isolating or fixing the issue.

Things I've done so far:
- Update drivers via windows and Gigabyte Control center
- No anti virus software installed, ever
- Run windows Memory Memory Diagnostic, no errors detected, swapped RAM, still crashing (XMP increasing the crash rate to just a few minutes of runtime before the cBSOD)
- Run Intel Processor Diagnostic tool, passed all tests
- Installed replacement mainboard, still crashing
- Reinstall of windows with set up of new device, no backup to restore used
- Cleared CMOS, unplugged device for 5 mins, restarted and still crashing

I found quite a few errors in my event viewer that pointed towards hyperthreads errors. Since disabling hyperthreading ion my BIOS I no longer had a crash with approx. up time of 12 h with gameplay. Is there a known problem with hyperthreading? I never overclocked my hardware over its specs set by that manufacturers. 

I would greatly appreciate assistance on this issue.

Best wishes
Dubaidude

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Dubaidude,

I understand your situation and the challenges you're encountering. To better assist you and ensure your concerns receive the attention they deserve, could you please create a new thread for your case? This will enable us to focus directly on your specific problem and provide more effective assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Pak,

We have not heard back from you and we're checking to see if you're still experiencing the issue. If yes, kindly share us with answers to our previous post so we'll understand how to best assist you.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Pak,

Since I haven't received a response from you, I will be closing this inquiry now. If you require further assistance, please feel free to submit a new question. This thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
Pak
Novice

Hi Francis,

I forgot to check this post sorry.

As you asked those qustion, I am answering it respectively below.

1. What are the names of the affected games. Ans: League of Legends, World of Tanks, CS2 and Rainbow Six Siege.
  2. Is there an error message you're receiving? Ans: non of the error message I have received from the above games I have mentioned.
  3. Which distributor did you install the game/s from? Ans: Riot, Wargaming and Steam.
  4. Aside from GPU driver updates, what are the tests and troubleshooting you have already taken? Ans: I have tried Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit and Cinebench2024_win_x86_64. 
  5. May we ask where you read that the 14th-generation CPUs have issues with games? Ans: https://steamcommunity.com/app/553850/discussions/0/4298194451985254790/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/GamersNexus/comments/1c5n1tl/intel_13th_14th_gen_cpu_video_memory_crash_details/ 

Btw, I exported test result file from the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit an.

Thanks,

Pak

0 Kudos