Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14661 Discussions

Dynamic Tuning and IPF Drivers

Shader
Beginner

I have a standard Dell laptop that I use for work, and I've been noticing that I'm getting a great many log entries for the 'UserModePowerService'. 

They look like this:

Process C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe (process ID:1588) reset policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}

I'm fairly certain these are being caused by some kind of conflict with the Power Manager service and its interaction with the DTT and IPF drivers (which I confirmed by disabling the DTT device in device manager) - so my first thought was to update them. The drivers provided on Dell website are a bit dated at version: 9.0.11202.31222 > I found there are newer drivers: 9.0.11401.38310 available from Station Drivers. 

I'm a bit careful with running some spoopy installers from the internet, so I manually went into the Device Manager and switched out the older drivers without using the included installer, but that didn't solve my problem. I'm thinking that the installer likely does more than just swap out the driver, it must write some configs or other background stuff. 

I guess my question is: how can I 'manually' install the drivers for DTT? I can see that there's an ipfsvc.exe file - can that be used with a certain parameter to install the drivers?

Also - just for further clarification, I'm very nearly certain the problem here is that my powerplan is configured with just a default 'balanced'. If you see my picture, there are no additional advanced settings that I should be seeing. 

Thank you for any help you can provide. I'm very interested in low-level drivers and their interaction with performance and optimization at the OS level. I'll happily take any available resources and advice on where to find additional information.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Shader,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having an issue installing the Intel® Dynamic Tuning Technology (Intel® DTT).

I would like to let you know that Computer manufacturers can customize how Intel® DTT works in their driver software and they should provide you with the right steps to install it on their system. I recommend you get in contact with Dell for instructions on how to install the Intel® Dynamic Tuning Technology (Intel® DTT) drivers on their laptops.

You can get more information about Intel® DTT in the following link:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Shader
Beginner

Thank you for your response. The drivers provided by Dell are broken (or outdated) for this model laptop which is why I wanted to resolve the issue myself. 

I understand that you are unable to provide details about this issue in a public forum. I will seek support elsewhere. 

Does anyone know where I can find additional information about the Intel Dynamic Tuning drivers and how they can be optimized/repaired without relying on the device manufacturer?

0 Kudos