Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14874 Discussions

Enabling C-States is causing BSODs realted to intelppm I9-14900KF

Sam21
Beginner

Hi,

when I enable C-states in Bios to get my I9-14900KF down a bit it actually works and it throttles down to a bit below 100 Watts. Also I can then tame the temperature.

Unfortunately, I get crashes related to the intelppm.sys driver.

I figured out how to disable intelppm. But then all my apps start to act funny. Like Teams reloads all the time or ICue is suddenly not able to start anymore.

It seems there is no updated drivers for the 14900 and as far as I found out the intelppm.sys problem exists since WinXP.

I also can't enable XMP as I only face BOSDs then.

I checked all the hardware and I can tell that the RAM is perfectly fine. Only thing I can't figure out is how to check if the CPUs memory controller is working correctly. But I wouldn't see a reason why it should be broken after 3 months of usage.

If I turn the C-states off and delete the intelppm.sys the computer runs perfectly fine. But due to running full power all the time I can't hear my own word anymoreand feel like working at an airport.

Maybe someone has some tweak or fix suggestions.

Btw...it would be cool if Intel would keep their drivers updated and if they could revamp their whole website. That page is a mess. You can't find anything properly.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

@Sam21   "Btw...it would be cool if Intel would keep their drivers updated and if they could revamp their whole website. That page is a mess. You can't find anything properly."

These are two seperate problems, which will never be resolved.  And, you are not the only  one who has asked for this.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]