Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14760 Discussions

Enabling I2S on N4100 (LattePanda Delta board)

Bill21
Novice

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in enabling I2S on an N4100 using Linux?

I'm quite unfamiliar with codecs, drivers, and the inherent requirements.

I'm using the Intel HDA over HDMI on a LattePanda Delta board and it works well on Debian, but for some reason, I'd like to use I2S. For that, I plugged a MAX98357A DAC on the board but I'm not able to select I2S against HDMI anywhere.

When I try to list the audio devices I only detect the Intel HDA, and when I inspect this card using Also tools, the only profiles I see concern HDMI, nothing related to I2S

PS: I enabled I2S-related things in the BIOS.

I might be missing something obvious, any help would be highly appreciated since LattePanda team is only advising to check over the Intel community side.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill21,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Celeron® Processor N4100.

Based on your issue and your hardware, I recommend you to check first with the manufacturer of your computer to confirm if the operating system that you want to use is supported and validated. Also, you may need to check with them if the MAX98357A DAC is compatible and supported by your computer and check for installation instructions.

Since you are planning to use Linux operating system, please check with them for the proper driver for your computer and the MAX98357A DAC and for the steps to enable the feature that you want.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Bill21
Novice

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Unfortunately, LattePanda has been ignoring all my questions on this subject for months, I suppose they are doing so because they don't know what to answer or they don't have any solution (I2S being advertised as working in both Windows and Linux).

I was thus hoping to find some directions here directly to be able to connect any compatible driver.

Regards,

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill21, 

I am sorry to know that the manufacturer is not helping. I will check internally to confirm if we have any information related to this situation. However, I do not promise anything since this environment should be checked with the Linux community and the manufacturer.

As soon as I have any details I will let you know.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Bill21
Novice

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

Thanks a ton for your help, it's genuinely appreciated!

Yes, as you mentioned, I wish the manufacturer gave at least a response, whatever it could be.
I'll be waiting for your feedback then, thank you again.

Best regards,

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill21, 

Thanks for your patience on this. I checked for any settings and information about the "I2S", however, I did not find anything that relates this to the CPU.

At this point, if the manufacturer of the laptop does not help, you can try with the operating system developer to get more information. However, the best option would be the laptop manufacturer (LattePanda).

I am sorry that I could not help you further with this. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Bill21
Novice

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

Thank you for the time you spend trying to find some information.

Hopefully, the Lattepanda engineers will be more professional and will face their own responsibilities by delivering a proper driver since their marketing is clearly advertising both Linux and I2S compatibility.

Best regards

0 Kudos